Your business portrait is a sign of your success! Don’t let a snapshot from 1980 deter your efforts. Now is the time to create a current publicity shot that can help you build your rapport with your clients and your community.
There are so many uses for your professional headshot. Use your image for your website, business cards, email communications, social media! It’s up to you to take advantage of every opportunity out there and submit your photograph and your story!
Here are some tips on creating a great business portrait:
· Bring two or three changes of clothing so you can experiment with contrasting colors. Try a V neck, a button up, a turtleneck, a suit and tie. Your personality and your profession dictate how formal or informal the headshot is.
· Your personality and your profession dictate how formal or informal the headshot is. Let me know what type of image you are trying to convey.
· As a general rule dark clothes put the attention on your face and eyes.
·Got a heavy beard? Try and shave just before you arrive.
A FEW DON’Ts
· Don’t get a new hair cut just before the shoot.
· Don’t wear white unless you wear it underneath something.
· Don’t wear jewelry that would distract from your face or that looks dated.
· Don’t wear loud stripes or checks. Avoid herringbone.